Couch UK Ltd is an independent brand which designs, manufactures and distributes original clothing and accessories.
COUCH UK is the home of 4 brands
SPLAT WEAR . . . it's ALL ABOUT the PAINT
- HAND PAINTED with nothing but our own UNIQUE blends of UV REACTIVE rubber.
- Every T-shirt, cap, pair of leggings or skirt is a one off, hand painted here in the COUCH UK studios.
- Painted used a palette of over 1000 hand mixed subtle colours, encompassing every shade from the bOLDEST neon red to the most delicate pastel pink.
- Featuring a custom painting service, send in your garment to be upcycled in a truly individual style.
- Due to launch in 2017.
DEAD COUTURE . . . . the Dark Side
- DEAD COUTURE is Couch's dark side.
- Twisted characters, hand cast in black rubber or block printed in UV reactive white ink.
- gory classics, b-movie injuries inflicted on your fashion, blood dripping slashes and gunshots.
- dripping blood, splattered, poured, dripped and dribbled, hand mixed UV reactive red latex detailing.
- REAL bullet holes
- Fetish fun with horny, hand cast latex rubber spikes.
- Unique, latex, hand painted, textured fabrics.
MONSTERS . . . . made by mr G SPLAT
G SPLAT makes Monsters, Monsters in the garden, Monsters in the street, big monsters, small monsters . . . and now . . . .
- Clothing and accessories emblazoned with or disguised as, one of creator, MR G SPLAT'S many characterful monsters.
- Each feature either 2d Screen printed, or 3d hand squeezed rubber, gOOGLING eyes and toothy grins in the boldest and brightest shades.
- Erect rubber ears and wobbling tongues add playful movement to caps and trilbys.
- Utilising the most garish coloured inks and super bright rubbers.
- Independent Fashion/Art brand inspired by dance music
- Working alongside London based, rave superstore, CYBERDOG since 1998 to spunk it's rainbow load ALL OVER your dancefloor . . . festival . . . or carnival
- CLASSIC rave iconography meets HAND PAINTED, COLOUR POPPING mega madness in these hand printed/painted/vinyl pressed designs.
- Every item has been designed with a GLOWING, UV REACTIVE, BLACK LIGHT environment in mind.
- Hand mixed inks and rubbers using ultra high levels of UV pigment ensure the BRIGHTEST most UV reactive colours imaginable.
Spunking it's rainbow load all over your carnival at Nottinghill Carnival 2016
It all started in 1998 moulding spiky rubber out of a small room in a local vicarage and now... global domination! ...ish... Well we've moved out of the vicarage!
Couch UK Ltd provides an extensive range of unique products hand-finished in the UK. Our products are created using an array of materials from paints and inks to rubbers, plastics and fabrics. (We hand mix ALL our own UV REACTIVE inks and rubbers here at the COUCH STUDIOS) and a plethora of processes including but not limited to, stitching, melting, printing, splatting, stencilling and scraping.
ALL our UV REACTIVE inks and rubbers are hand mixed in the COUCH UK studios, using ULTRA HIGH LEVELS of UV pigment to create the brightest BOLDEST shades in the world . . . . FACT !!?!
Our core business is wholesale, we supply retailers in the UK, Europe, the US and Japan and have concessions in (Cyberdog) Camden, Manchester and Brighton. We also work in collaboration with other fashion and media brands as well as creating commissions and experimental pieces.
If you are interested in working with Couch please do not hesitate to get in touch.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
The majority of our products are handmade to order so whilst we endeavour to get everything out within 7 days this isn't always possible. Where delays occur we will be in contact as soon as possible and will offer you the option of sending separately in cases where multiple items are ordered, exchanging for an alternative item or failing that we are happy to offer a full refund.
If you prefer you can contact us before placing your order to check on availability.
All sizes and measurements are approximate however we do make every effort to ensure that they are as accurate as possible. Unless otherwise stated, sizes indicated are UK sizes.
Although we have tried to show a typical product in our site photographs due to the unique handfinished nature of our products the item received may differ slightly from that photographed. As all Couch UK products are handfinished essentially no two are the same. If in the unlikely event you are unhappy with the item received you are of course entitled to return it as per our returns policy.
As a general rule your couch clothing should be handwashed in cool water. When washing, garments should be washed inside out. Your Couch garment should never be dry cleaned and should never be put in the dryer.
GENERAL RUBBER CARE INFORMATION
Many of our Couch products use latex rubber - here are a few tips for keeping rubber in good condition:
rubber stains easily especially if light coloured - if stained wash immediately.
NEVER use anything oil based on rubber as this will cause it to perish and it will not be possible to repair the damage.
Wash in luke warm water with a touch of mild washing up liquid. It should then be rinsed in cool water and left to dry naturally (this applies to the rubber element of your product or where the product is made entirely of rubber).
Where the rubber is handprinted on beanies, garments etc handwash in cool water as above.
DO NOT iron over rubber.
Polishing helps protect the rubber and gives that a glossy effect. You an purchase a silicone based polish fairly easily in a specialist outlet or you can use any car tyre polish which can be picked up fairly easily at DIY stores.
Exposure to heat, sunlight and moisture will eventually weaken the rubber sometimes leaving it dull or discoloured. It is essential therefore to store in a cool dry place
WARNING: PRODUCTS THAT USE LATEX ARE UNSUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH LATEX/RUBBER ALLERGIES